Sunday, April 3, 2011

Milk

          Well Friday was the big day. The day I have dreaded for 8 months now. Yes... I gave Bre a bottle of breast milk that had cows milk protien in it.  I only gave her 1 oz and that was all. She seemed okay... I havent seen any issues so far.  I had one more ounce that was thawed from the previous day, I put that in her oatmeal on saturday.... which she doesnt really eat much of anyway, but still no problems yet. 
I fear she will react badly to the milk protien, but I think even just 1 oz of it isnt going to cause an issue, I'd hope. 
          We are rushing a little to give her a "milk trial", since we are trying to plan a trip in a couple of weeks.  We werent going to trial any milk until mid-May and do some allergy testing.  I hope and pray this all works out and that when she was a newborn this allergy formed and has now gone away. I know it took 3 weeks for her to start bleeding (and that was with me constantly drinking and eathing milk products), and just by a simple 2oz of that "older" milk I dont think it will be enough to harm her.  So, I guess if she continues to do okay I might be brave enough to eat something with milk in it... ahhh it would be so nice to have so many things back in my diet. I have kept my weight under control though by not drinking and eating so many unhealthy things that have dairy in them, but man---- I sure miss a big glass of milk with dinner and an ice cream for dessert!
       Bre is doing great though and I know she will do okay with the milk back in my diet and then hers as well.  I just really fear hurting her again or having her cry because she hurts so badly.  Those days when she was so tiny and in pain were so awful, I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment